This time the incredible Panerai Goldtech ™ material has served as inspiration for the shapes worn by the new Luminor Due 42mm watches. Always distinctive, powerful and intense, Panerai models are a perfect synthesis of elegance and sophistication. Since 2016, Luminor Due has been the expression of the constant technological evolution of the brand, and an extremely original piece. Now the new Luminor Due 42mm is going gold. Thus, the case, the bezel, the back, the strap buckle and the Safety Lock protection device on the crown have been made of fully polished Panerai Goldtech ™. This is a magnificent 18 carat gold alloy that has an original composition of copper and platinum and that is developed by Panerai. The use of copper gives intensity and depth to the color, while platinum reduces the effects of oxidation.
The dial design of each Luminor Due Goldtech ™ model is perfect: PAM01041 has a black dial with a satin soleil finish and sandwich structure. PAM01042, on the other hand, has a white dial and nice printed luminous Arabic numerals. Both tones combine harmoniously with the gold of the case. The movement of the models is mechanical with automatic winding and they carry a P.900 caliber, entirely developed and assembled at the Panerai facilities in Neuchâtel. Its design is practical, ideal for daily use, without neglecting the elegance that characterizes its creations. The new P.900 caliber fits perfectly into the Luminor Due’s case size; and can be enjoyed through the sapphire crystal on the back. At 42mm the model is one of Panerai’s slimmest movements. This small-diameter automatic movement combines the functions of date, minutes and seconds, and has a 72-hour power reserve. The water resistance of the piece is 30 meters and each one is accompanied by an interchangeable alligator leather strap equipped with the Quick Release system and a buckle made of Panerai Goldtech ™. The colors of the straps are black with tone-on-tone stitching (on model PAM01041) and dark brown with beige stitching (PAM01042). Both models respond to the expertise of the firm that was founded in Florence in 1860. Initially recognized for having functioned as a workshop, shop and watchmaking school, for many decades it occupied itself with equipping the Italian Navy and its diving corps with its precise parts. In 1949, the Radiomir model was replaced by the Luminor. The name of the piece was taken from the autoluminescent compound obtained from tritium. This was protected by Panerai with a patent registered in January of that year. Although the Luminor and Radiomir models were covered by the Military Secrets Act for a long time, after the brand was acquired in 1997 by Richemont Group they were launched on the international market. Panerai designs seamlessly blend the best of Italian style with the savoir faire of Swiss watchmaking.